The verticality assessment is complementary to the deformation assessment and data is collected with the following tools:
- 3D scanner;
- High precision total station.
As opposed to the deformation assessment, the verticality assessment consists in studying the position of a structure compared to a normal plane or any other known plane. This assessment can identify certain deficiencies relating to:
- A structure’s foundations;
- Temperature variations on an asset (change of season);
- Temporary load applied to a structure ;
- Vibrations near the structure being inspected;
- Construction defects.